Tuesday, June 17, 2008

American Hiking Society Volunteer Vacation

I am officially signed up to participate in the AHS's Volunteer Vacation - Buffalo National River, Arkansas Trip Number: 4 October 19th to the 25th. This will be an opportunity to improve a national resource and leave a legacy for future generations. This is important to me because this beautiful river is close to where I grew up in Northwest Arkansas. I've camped, hiked and canoed along the Buffalo many times in my life. This is my chance to give something back to future generations of backpackers, hikers and anyone who appreciates the solitude that can be found on the trail. The American Hiking Society is a 501 (c)(3) organization that is focused on stewardship through volunteerism. This Volunteer Vacation program will work with the National Park Service to help build and maintain trails along the Buffalo National River in Northwest Arkansas. If anyone is interested in participating in this project, please visit the American Hiking Society at http://americanhiking.org or contact me.